The electric garage door openers have been widely used for garage doors and other shutter doors, while during the use of these kind of electric door motors, some companies or individuals may have some minor problems with the motors that can be easily solved by yourself.
1. Press the manual switch of the garage door opener, if the motor does not respond, check whether the voltage is too low, voltage below 180V may just run in one direction.
2. Check whether the control box (receiver) is well connected to the garage door opener.
3. If the garage door opener is not connected to the control box, check whether the connector of the control box is properly closed.
4. Unplug the garage door opener power plug, open the back cover of the manual switch, check for dropped wires, and sometimes a wire drop may cause jogging (ie, the garage door opener runs when the switch is pressed, stops when it is not pressed).
5. Check whether the body of garage door opener is black or yellow. If it is, the motor may have been burned out, and you need to change a new one.
6. Open the cover of the motor's upper limit switch and check whether the stroke has reached the maximum limit. If the maximum limit has been reached, adjust the limit switch.